Open as PDF
young spinach leaves
25 g (1 oz) butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
450 g (1 lb) flat black mushrooms,
75 g (3 oz) fine oatmeal
1 egg yolk
100 g (4 oz) cream cheese
30 ml (2 tbsp) chopped fresh herbs
15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
Mushroom Paté Serves 4
Dish: 18 cm (7") souffle dish lightly greased Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal
1. Remove the stalks from the spinach and use the leaves to line the souffle dish, reserving
leaves for the top.
2. Place the butter and garlic in a large dish, cover and cook on HIGH power for 1 min. or until
melted. Add the mushrooms, recover and microwave on HIGH power for 5 mins. or until
softened. Stir in remaining ingredients and beat well.
3. Spoon the paté mixture into the lined souffle dish and cover with the reserved spinach
leaves. Cover with a circle of greaseproof paper and cook on Combination: Convection
190°C + SIMMER power for 25 mins. or until firm to the touch. Leave to cool before serving.
Pork and Chicken Terrine Serves 4-6
Dish: 900 g (2 lb) Pyrex
loaf dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Line base and sides of loaf dish with bacon rashers, stretching each rasher slightly with a
knife. Reserve 3-4 rashers for top.
2. Chop pork and chicken coarsely in a food processor. Place in bowl. Process onions and
3. Mix together meat, onions, garlic, nuts, peppercorns, brandy, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
Bind together with the egg.
4. Spread half the mixture in the dish. Layer ham on top of mixture and then spread remaining
meat mixture on top. Lay reserved bacon on top. Cover with a piece of greaseproof paper.
5. Cook on Combination: Convection 160°C + WARM power for 40 mins. or until firm.
250 g (9 oz) streaky unsmoked bacon,
225 g (8 oz) pork fillet
225 g (8 oz) chicken breast
2 onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic
100 g (4 oz) pistachio nuts, shelled
15 ml (1 tbsp) green peppercorns
30 ml (2 tbsp) brandy
5 ml (1 tsp) dried basil
15 ml (1 tbsp) parsley, chopped
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
225 g (8 oz) thick slice of ham, cut into thin
Goats Cheese & Basil Ciabatta Serves 4
Oven Accessory: glass turntable, metal tray + grill accessory + splash guard
1. Halve the rolls, rub each half with garlic and place on the grill accessory. Cook on Grill 1 for
3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Slice the tomato and goats cheese. Quarter the olives.
3. Top each half with the sliced tomato, cheese and olives. Drizzle with olive oil and place on
the grill accessory. Cook under preheated grill on Grill 1 for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese
is golden and bubbling.
4. Sprinkle with basil and season with pepper. Serve immediately.
2 ciabatta rolls
1 clove garlic, halved
1 beef tomato
100 g (4 oz) goats cheese
8 stoned black olives
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
fresh basil, chopped
SOUPS & STARTERS