Open as PDF
25 g (1 oz) butter
25 ml (1
150 ml (
3 eggs, separated
salt and pepper
75 g (3 oz) cheese, grated
Baked Soufflé Serves 4
Dish: 15 cm (6") souffle dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Melt butter on HIGH power for 30 secs. Stir in flour. Cook on HIGH power for 30 secs.–1 min.
Stir in milk gradually, whisk until smooth. Cook on HIGH power for 2 mins. or until thickened.
Beat well. Cool.
2. Add egg yolks one at a time. Season and mix in cheese.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into cheese mixture.
4. Cook in preheated oven on CONVECTION 180°C for 20-30 mins. until risen and brown.
Variations: Add to egg mixture before folding in egg whites:
1. 75 g (3 oz) cooked ham
2. 50 g (2 oz) mushrooms
3. 75 g (3 oz) smoked salmon, finely sliced.
225 g (8 oz) shortcrust pastry
1 medium onion, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) oil
6 streaky bacon rashers, or
100 g (4 oz) ham cut into strips
150 ml (
pt) single cream
salt and pepper to taste
50 g (2 oz) cheddar cheese, grated
Quiche Lorraine Serves 4
Dish: 23 cm (9") metal tin Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Roll out the pastry and use to line the flan dish. Prick base of pastry with a fork, chill for
15 mins. Pre-heat oven to CONVECTION 210°C and bake the case blind for 20 mins. or
2. Place the onion and bacon in a small dish. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 4 mins. or
until onion is soft. Drain and place in bottom of flan case.
3. Beat the eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour over the bacon. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook
on Combination: Convection 190°C + WARM power for 20-25 mins. or until just set and
4 slices bread, buttered
5 ml (1 tsp) Dijon mustard
2 slices smoked ham
100 g (4 oz) sliced cheese
Croque Monsieur Serves 2
Oven Accessory: glass turntable + grill accessory + metal tray + splash guard
1. Place the bread, buttered side up on grill accessory and cook on preheated Grill 1 for
approximately 3-4 mins. or until browning.
2. On 2 slices of the bread, spread the untoasted sides with mustard and top with ham and
cheese. Cover with the other slices, browned side uppermost.
3. Place back on the grill accessory and cook on Combination: GRILL 2 + SIMMER power for
1-2 mins. or until the cheese has melted.
CHEESE AND EGG DISHES