Open as PDF
6 slices of bread, buttered and cut in half
75 g (3 oz) mixed dried fruit
450 ml (
25 g (1 oz) caster sugar
3 ml (
Bread and Butter Pudding Serves 4
Dish: 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10") oblong, greased dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable +
1. Arrange the bread and fruit in the prepared dish.
2. Warm the milk for 3 mins. on MEDIUM power but do not allow to boil.
3. Beat together the eggs and sugar, add the milk, stirring well.
4. Pour the mixture over the bread, sprinkle with nutmeg and leave to stand for 15 mins. Cook
on Combination: Convection 190°C + WARM power for 15-20 mins. or until set and
4 medium sized apples
30 ml (2 tbsp) sugar
25-50 g (1-2 oz) mixed dried fruit
25 g (1 oz) butter
Baked Apples Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") shallow dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Core the apples and score the skin around the middle.
2. Mix together the sugar and fruit and fill the centres of the apples.
3. Dot the top with butter. Stand the apples in a suitable dish and cook on HIGH power for
-7 mins. Stand for 5 mins. before serving.
75 g (3 oz) plain chocolate
30 ml (2 tbsp) milk
175 g (6 oz) margarine
175 g (6 oz) light muscovado sugar
175 g (6 oz) fresh white breadcrumbs
30 ml (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
225 g (8 oz) vanilla flavoured toffees
150 ml (
15 g (
Chocolate Saucy Pudding with toffee sauce
Dish: 1.2 litre (2 pt) pudding basin Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Line the base of a 1.2 litre (2 pt) pudding basin with a circle of greaseproof paper.
2. Melt the chocolate with the milk on HIGH power for 1 min. – mix until smooth.
3. Mix the margarine and sugar together, add the cooled chocolate and eggs.
4. Add the breadcrumbs and cocoa powder and mix well.
Fill the basin with the mixture and cook on HIGH power for 6-7 mins. or until cooked. Leave
to stand for 5 mins. before turning out.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all ingredients in a large jug and cook on HIGH
power for 2-3 mins. or until smooth. Stir vigorously and pour over the pudding.
NB The apples will look quite green when removed from the oven, but they should feel slightly soft
when tested with a sharp knife. During the standing time, the colour will become dull and the apples
will be tender. The apples will overcook very easily, so take care to undercook slightly.
For 1 baked apple cook for 2-3 mins. For 2 baked apples cook for 3-5 mins.