Open as PDF
175 g (6 oz) plain flour
50 g (2 oz) caster sugar
100 g (4 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) Amaretti biscuits, crushed
3 tbsp glacé icing
Tarte Normande Serves 6
Dish: 24 cm (9") flan tin Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
(+ low rack if using Convection)
1. Rub the butter into the flour and sugar, then mix to a smooth dough with the egg. Knead lightly,
cover and allow to rest in the refrigerator. (Food processor can be used.)
2. Cut the plums in half and remove the stones, then press some of the crushed biscuit into the
cavity in each half.
3. Roll out just over half the pastry thinly and line the flan tin. Sprinkle the remaining crushed
biscuits over the base and arrange the filled plums over the top. Dampen the edges with
water, roll out the rest of the pastry and fit over the top. Seal the edges together.
4. Drizzle the glacé icing (pouring consistency) over the surface and allow to rest in the
refrigerator for 20 mins. Bake in a preheated oven on Convection 180°C for 40-45 mins. or
until the top is browned and the juices bubble through, or on Combination: Convection
200˚C + WARM power for 25 mins.
100 g (4 oz) margarine
25 g (1 oz) butter
175 g (6 oz) plain flour
15 ml (1 tbsp) milk
150 ml (
pt) maple/corn syrup
50 g (2 oz) butter
175 g (6 oz) demerara sugar
3 ml (
tsp) vanilla essence
175 g (6 oz) pecan nuts
Pecan Pie Serves 8
Dish: 23 cm (9") flan tin Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray + low rack
1. Cream together fats. Gradually stir in the sieved flour and salt, to form a smooth dough and
2. Place in flan tin, press mixture evenly over the base and up the sides. Pre-heat oven on
Convection 200°C and bake blind for 15-20 mins. or until dry.
3. Beat together the eggs and milk in a bowl.
4. In a large Pyrex® bowl place the maple syrup, butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Cook on
HIGH power for 2-3 mins. or until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Beat the sugar mixture into the eggs.
6. Place the pecan nuts into the pastry case and pour over the syrup mixture.
7. Cook on Convection 150°C for 30-35 mins. or until set.
125 g (1 oz) butter
200 g (7 oz) leeks, chopped
50 g (2 oz) plain flour
450 ml (
150 g (5 oz) stilton
400 g (14 oz) cooked chicken, cubed
250 g (9 oz) ready prepared
shortcrust pastry, chilled
Chicken & Stilton Pie Serves 4
Dish: 20 cm (8") gratin dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place the butter and leeks in a bowl, cover and cook on HIGH power for 4-5 minutes or until
2. Add the flour, stir well then gradually add the milk and cook on HIGH power for 4 mins
stirring throughout or until the sauce has thickened. Preheat the oven on Convection
3. Finely chop the cheese and add to the sauce, mix in the chicken.
4. Grate the pastry on top of the chicken mixture and cook on Combination: Convection
210°C + SIMMER power for 25-30 mins. or until cooked and browned.