Open as PDF
225 g (8 oz) plain flour
100 g (4 oz) margarine
45 ml (3 tbsp) cold water
1. Place flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub the margarine into the flour until the mixture
resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Sprinkle the water over and mix in using a round bladed knife.
3. Knead lightly for a few seconds until it forms a firm, smooth dough. If possible, rest for 15
mins. before rolling out.
50 g (2 oz) butter
150 ml (
65 g (2
oz) plain flour sifted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Dish: large jug Oven Accessory: glass turntable
1. Place butter and water in a large jug and heat on HIGH power for 2-3 mins. or until boiling.
2. Immediately tip in all the flour and beat well until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating vigorously until mixture is smooth and glossy.
1 small potato, thinly sliced
200 g (7 oz) puff pastry
1 small onion, sliced
small apple, peeled, cored and sliced
salt and pepper to taste
75 g (3 oz) cheese, grated or crumbled, eg.
Stilton, Roule etc.
1 egg, beaten
225 g (8 oz) self-raising flour
3 ml (
100 g (4 oz) shredded suet
105 ml (7 tbsp) cold water
1. Mix together flour, salt and suet.
2. Add water and mix to a soft dough. Knead lightly until smooth.
Savoury Potato Plait Serves 4-6
Dish: baking sheet (round) Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Cook potato in a shallow dish with 60 ml (4 tbsp) water, covered for 3 mins. on HIGH power.
2. Roll out the pastry to an oblong 25 x 27 cm (10 x 11"). Lift onto baking sheet. With a knife,
cut each side of the long edges diagonally at 2.5 cm (1") intervals, to give strips which will
3. Arrange layers of potato, onion and apple down the centre of the pastry. Season. Sprinkle
over the cheese.
4. Brush the pastry strips with beaten egg and fold alternately over the mixture to form a plait.
5. Glaze the complete plait with beaten egg. Preheat oven on Convection 210°C. Cook on
Combination: Convection 230°C + SIMMER power for 15-20 mins. or until crisp and