Open as PDF
MEAT AND POULTRY
1 kg (2
lb) pork spare ribs
300 ml (
225 g (8 oz) can crushed pineapple
150 ml (
pt) HP Fruity Sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) brown sugar
45 ml (3 tbsp) soy sauce
5 ml (1 tsp) fresh grated ginger
Hawaiian Ribs Serves 2
Dish: 20 x 25 cm (8 x 10") rectangular dish Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray +
grill accessory + splash
1. Place the ribs in a single layer in dish with the water, cover and cook on HIGH power for
10 mins. Drain.
2. Place all other ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Dip each rib in the sauce
ensuring they are well coated.
3. Place on grill accessory and cook on Combination: FAST-BAKE 230°C + Grill 3 + LOW
power for 20 mins.or until cooked and crisping. Baste with extra sauce if required. Turn
30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
225 g (8 oz) carrots, sliced
450 g (1 lb) lean pork, cubed
30 ml (2 tbsp) seasoned flour
5 ml (1 tsp) ground bay leaves
5 ml (1 tsp) dried sage
salt and pepper
300 ml (
pt) dry cider
175 g (6 oz) self raising flour
75 g (3 oz) suet
pinch of salt
5 ml (1 tsp) mustard powder
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
150 ml (
pt) cold water
Casserole Pork with Herby Dumplings Serves 4
Dish: large casserole and lid Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray
1. Place oil, onion, green pepper and carrots in dish, cover and cook on HIGH power for
5 mins. or until soft.
2. Toss pork in seasoned flour and add to onion mixture. Stir in all other ingredients, cover and
cook on Combination: Convection 160°C + WARM power for 1hr or until pork is tender, or
on AUTO PROGRAMME CASSEROLE.
3. Whilst cooking make the dumplings by combining the flour, mustard, salt, suet and parsley.
Add the water to make a stiff dough. Shape dough into 8 round dumplings.
4. When pork is cooked uncover and place dumplings around the edge of dish. Cook
uncovered on Combination: Convection 160°C + WARM power for 15 mins. or until
dumplings are cooked through.
100 g (4 oz) plain flour
3 ml (
300 ml (
pt) milk and water
25 g (1 oz) lard or dripping
450 g (1 lb) sausages
Toad In The Hole Serves 4
Dish: 25 x 18 cm (10" x 7") oblong tin Oven Accessory: glass turntable + metal tray +
1. Preheat oven on Convection 220°C.
2. Sift flour and salt in a bowl. Add egg and half the liquid. Beat until smooth. Gradually stir in
3. Put fat in tin with sausages and place in the preheated oven until fat is sizzling hot.
4. Pour in the batter and cook for 30-35 mins. or until the batter is well risen and golden brown.